Outwood Grange Academy Post 16 Centre is committed to maximising educational opportunities and achievement for all students. For students to gain the best from their time at Outwood Grange Post 16 Centre, it is vital that they achieve excellent attendance and punctuality. We strive for 100% attendance for all students and recognise that promoting good attendance and punctuality prepares students for the disciplines of working life.
Post 16 Absence Procedure
- Student to telephone the Post 16 SID telephone number 01924 204350 ext. 300 on the morning of absence, before 8.20am. There is an answer machine service available.
- If a reason for absence is not confirmed by 8.20am, the Post 16 Administrator will contact students and/or parents/carers to clarify the situation.
- Students will need to collect missed work from subject staff on the day they return to the Centre and attend catch up to ensure their learning does not suffer.
Student taken ill whilst at the Centre
- Student goes to the Post 16 SID who will contact home if they judge the student to be too ill to go home unaccompanied.
- No student should leave the Centre without first informing a member of staff.
- Any medical appointments – evidence where possible is required (try not to book medical appointments during lesson time).
- Illness – up to 3 absences authorised before medical evidence is needed.
- Driving tests – an appointment card/letter is required.
- University open days.
- Interviews at universities and/or for employment – evidence required.
- Religious festivals – at the discretion of the Head of Centre (maximum of 4 days).
- Moving house – evidence required (maximum of 1 day).
- Taken ill whilst at the Centre – go to see your Learning Manager.
- Family bereavement.
- Holidays in term time.
- Christmas shopping.
- Driving lessons.
- Absence caused by fatigue due to holidays.
- Absence as a result of food / alcohol indulgence.
- Missing the bus or getting up late.